Saturday, August 29, 2009

Thin people...

So, Max and Ruby (heehee) and I went to the grocery store the other day.

We were walking down the isle when I noticed the most unfair sight in all the land. It hurt my very heart.

It was a super model lady with her angel child. Both dressed to the nines. ( I don't know where that saying actually came from or what it actually means but I think it means "fancy") Anyway, this lady had flawless hair and make-up, sparkly jewelry, designer jeans etc. etc. - you get the picture - except for you don't get the picture because I didn't dare take one.... My Mom would have taken one. She's brave.


Well, in her cart she had boxes and bags and cases of:


Cupcakes, Twinkies, Ho Ho's, regular (not diet) soda, donuts, bags of cookies and candy! And not just a little bit, her cart was F-U-L-L. And that was all it was full of. Not a veggie or a fruit, a granola bar, or even a fiber supplement.

As we passed by her, Max says "did you see that lady's cart?"

My only joy was that she was headed to the Pharmacy. Maybe she has heartburn.


Here's hoping.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Of course she was lovely. She has enough preservatives in her to look that way until she dies at age 43. And not all thin people eat that way, remember? I shall say no more, except I'm guessing she had more than heartburn.

Emily said...

Max and Ruby, never thought of that! HA!! Don't worry,be happy! I hate seeing people like that it makes me hope they have ingrown toenails or something :)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I am here to put all your unfairness to rest. SKINNY PEOPLE ARE DULL AND CRUNCHY LIKE CARROTS.

How I wish I could find that book! It was so comforting.

I found it on Amazon! Used at $1.00 to $48.45. Shouldn't we order a copy or two?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PS Love the new blog look. It that what you do at 5:30 in the morning? By the way, that cute Shan came by. She brought me prizes. You will be w-a-a-a-a-y jealous! As you would say, she is a pleasure.