Thursday, August 20, 2009

Presenting---The Coolest First Day of School.....ever....(2009)

It all started the day before with a mini manicures and pedicures with Shaunell and her girlies.




Maddy's pedies being pampered to pieces.





Shaunell's oldie girl Cetera- she's in 1st grade.




G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S. (it kinda hurt my brain to type that)




Shaunell and her youngest girlie "Wheeze" or "Aislyn" if you prefer.





Ruby cashing in on some pampering. (her fingers were half naked by bedtime)


All this fun was leading up to the LONG sleepless (by Maddy) night. And finally the super dooper first day of school........EXCITEMENT


This was the chosen outfit. Debuting the much anticipated "I wish I could wear these before school-skinny jeans" purchased from the thrift store and stowed away with the rest of the school clothes in the dreaded box under my bed.

Fourth GRADE (That's why she's holding up "4" fingers)


This was the first of 3 outfits tried on that morning. It lost but was worn today "the official SECOND and coolest day of school"

Just for reference -for a little later- you might want to notice the orange walls in Maddy's room.





The best first day of school breakfast ever....french toast with buttermilk syrup. Toast by Max, syrup by Mom.





Ua-ummmy.

And a "wait I have to rub your bean for good luck" just before she left for the school bus.


As soon as she she was off and RUNNING (seriously 25 minutes early) to the bus stop, Ruby and I started clearing out Maddy's room. So we could
surprise
paint
it
BLUE.


Picture by Ruby. The green by the light switch was a reject color....



And a picture by Mom. I could have blamed it on Ruby but I am a grown up. Except for that I don't think grown ups call themselves "grown up".




The real color. Sun shade by True Value.


Max and I hustled all day to paint -with a few bumps and reject edgers- so we could surprise Maddy.



She got home and kept telling us all about her day and we listened (really) and FINALLY she went to change out of her school clothes.

AND......


YELLING and JUMPING and YELLING some more: MY ROOM'S BLUE!!! MY ROOM'S BLUE!!!


Her favorite color in all the land.


Then, after all that fun hoopla, we went up to Grandma Smiths and dropped off the chillin's so Max and I could go to dinner for our 14 year anniversary. YEP we're old. I was in a bummer mood for some reason I don't know why (Max was very sweet about it). It was nice to go out and the food was good.


THE end.


7 comments:

Shan said...

I'm a little confused about a few things. It just so happened to be my first day of school too and some things were noticibly missing:
1. a pedicure
2. french toast for breakfast
3. a bean to rub for good luck
4. new clothes
5. a blue room when I got home

I'm beginning to think you like Maddy best.

Emily said...

You are definitley the coolest mom on the block. My kids got plain, dumb old cookies when they got home. Boo. Yay for Maddie and her blue room!! Fun for you 14 years. You are old....he he

TeamGornold said...

well aren't you the best parents EVER! that is so sweet that mad's got her room painted her fave color and didn't even have to help! and how cute she is in her new clothes. if we have kids, and if they are girls, their aunt hill is gonna have to take them to do all of their girly things (like mani's and pedi's). how fun are you guys?

Jeanne said...

What a fun surprise for miss Maddy! She will ALWAYS remember that. BTW I'm luvin my hair. Spank you very much!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a dumb Momma you have. Happy Anniversary. It's on the WRONG calendar. That's my excuse.

Loved the photos. Did you have to figure out the order or will blogger let you move them now?

You're the bestest Mom and Dad. I love you.

BadMmomma

Jessica said...

That WAS the best first day of school ever. You are the coolest. Maybe when it is Ruby's turn for her best first day of school ever, she will love you best.

And also happy anniversary.

And also I am still waiting for you to call me back when you finish dinner.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Butttermilk syrup is THE best...