Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ruby turns FOUR...

Her birthday my be over, but she had the battle wounds* to remember the crazy-wild fun day.


The party started on July 31st when Max and I decorated two cupcake ensembles. One for the family celebration:

and one for her neighborhood friend party:


Blowing out the candles.

Raising her had to say something. Apparently when you're four you have excellent manners.



cross eyed and cute. She came in this morning and said: "Mama, I don't feel four, I still feel little" I didn't tell her this but, I wanted to say that I didn't feel 35!



Ahhh the birthday party. We invited 7 kids and 4 couldn't make it. Note to self: four children at a four year old's birthday party is plenty.






Taking a whack at the Pinata. Pronounced "pin-yad-y" by Ruby.



I took a final whack at it and broke the pinata part away from the string so I just held it and said:





"RIP IT TO SHREDS!"






We also played "pin the face on the flower" but it was a dud of a game despite the lovely Maddy artist who make the flower (dawning a pirate patch for the boys who were invited) and the individual faces. Maybe I"ll post a picture of it, it really was cute.




Eliza gave Ruby a cute fuzz ball puppy that came with a little dress and a purse to carry it around in. Ruby has already named her 3 different times. The only one I can remember at this moment is "Bum Bum"


Jocelyn gave Ruby a Polly Pocket set that all the girls wanted to play with instead of eating cake! All the girls, except for Maddy. She is -AFTER ALL- my child.



I took two pictures of her and Jocelyn because the first one was SO cute of Jocelyn and not so fabulous of Ruby.




Breanna is Ruby's most played with best friend, they haven't played much this summer because Ruby had a job doing problem to work out. I'm sure now that she's four and well behaved and a speedy chore do-er they will play more often. Breanne gave her a cute lift-the-flap book and a Rainbow Brite Paint with Water. I LOVE Rainbow Brite.



After the candle blowing.
(She started blowing out the candles as soon as we started singing)




*BIRTHDAY BATTLE WOUNDS:
Ruby fell two separate times on her birthday. The first wound was the rug burn in between her eyes. It happened when her and Maddy were playing on the stairs and she fell down some of them. The second one, that gave her another nose scrape and an itty bitty black eye, happened when she was running to take her plate from the table to the sink after dinner. I believe she tripped on Maddy's chair and 'slid into home base' style face planted it into the wall. After she was winding up the tears from on of her battles she said to me: "this is my 'WORST' of today". We (when we remember) go around the dinner table and say our best and worst of our day. Her best was every thing else.


It was a super fun day, I was so pooped by 5pm that I took a nap on the couch while the girls played with Ruby's new loot. We gave her a Tinkerbell paint set, a Little Mermaid DVD, a pair of fancy princess shoes (that are too small and I can't return because I bought them after Christmas for $3.50) that came with a castle purse and fancy princess gloves. We also gave her a wicker picnic basket tea party set, and a new box of 120 Crayola crayons.

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Wait a minute. Wasn't I supposed to buy the box of 120 crayons?

I am happy Ruby had a good everything else day. She is a wonderful child. As is Miss Madds. You did good.

Well, except for the shoes and you can give them to some other birthday girl with tinkerbell feet. Or save them for Thing 3, who is probably going to be a boy, when you get started on that project.

Joel and Jessie said...

I loved seeing all of the cute pictures from the party. Breanne told everyone about it all day! I wondered if she was trying to say they did a pinata....now I know that she probably was! Thanks again. You did such a good job!

Unknown said...

Well, this all looks like TOOO much (meaning just enough) fun. I have the prettiest nieces. Look at that girl's eyes! I love the flower cakes. What a cute thing, so clever. I will have to remember to use that when Azzy's old enough. It looks like you really went all out so your daughter would have a wonderful and memorable day. Good mom.