Sunday, August 2, 2009

What I love about Ruby on her fourth birthday...

besides her face.

She is observant.
She asks the most thought out questions. She remembers lots of stuff that a regular kid wouldn't even notice. A few weeks ago we went to Zuppa's with our friends in Lehi, We drove through town to get there and about a week later we were driving ON THE FREEWAY in that general area and she said "hey that's where we went to lunch with Shaun (take a breath) nell.

Which leads me to my next favorite of Ruby.

She takes a breath mid-word or mid-syllable. It is super cute and some what frustrating all at the same time. For example: "Cat" has been said " ca {breath} ah {breath} ah {breath} Tah" I don't think it's a stutter because she is actually taking a full breath in between.

She has a great imagination.

She says the funniest things. Last week she was watching the TV in my bedroom. I walked in to put something away and she says, in her cute sing song voice: "oh, Hi Mama, I have a job for you." "Oh really" I say "what job is that". " You can get me a drink of water" She says. What could I do, (after the humorous shock wore off) but to get her a drink.

She absolutely LOVES and LOATHES her big sister. Sometimes all at once. And I know the feeling is mutual.

She has her Daddy wrapped around her little finger (and not just a little bit) He is utterly and completely in love. He is her "number 1". I try to remind her that I gave birth to her and she was NOT a small baby. She doesn't care... I am not her Daddy.

She can entertain herself for hours. Expecially if she is suppose to be cleaning her room.



Oh Ru. Happy birthday- Thing TWO.

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I am so glad you will make your blog into a book so she will always have these words. But...you'll have to get two made. Just sayin'.

Jesse's girl said...

I love everything about Ruby!!!!!!!! And I love everything about you!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you soon! Only 4months!

hugs and kisses! rpxxx

Janice {Run Far} said...

she is so adorable. My little one will be 4 in two months.