Friday, August 7, 2009

YARD ART...

Not FOR Ruby's birthday, but ON her birthday we bought our very first yard art. It's not very small or super attractive (although it isn't as bad as the compost tumbler that sits to the left) but it is VERY fun and entertaining. And what's better is, now we don't have "the boring yard" of the neighborhood.




We went to look at swing sets and this was all Maddy wanted. A trapeze bar. It is the most favorite (and fought over) of the whole contraption.



Even big kids like our new BLING.




Big GOOFY kids.




And if a swing set wasn't enough fun-- our neighbor, Jason, and his horses stopped by to give the girls a ride.



Ruby saw them out side her bedroom window and about had a freak out trying to get someone to go out with her (she's shy of Jason) to see them. He asked her if she wanted a ride--I don't think she even answered him, she just ran in and got her "Cowboy-girl" boots on. Maddy was shy too but got her shoes on also.




Maddy says horses have bony bums.


I told her "she's one to talk".

7 comments:

Shan said...

I want to swing on your swings and ride the neighbor horse. What a lucky birthday for Rubes. Plus, also, I have made up my mind that I'm going to your mom's house next week 'cause it my last one till school starts. If we don't get together on this I'm going by myself and taking chocolate. I guess you know who will be the favorite that day? Just a warning. loveyourguts!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I love the photo of those girls on horses! And when I read "big GOOFY kids" I laughed right out loud.

Hey, Shan is right. We need to have a get together with Mrs. Bird and The Scottish Dreamer. That is if I'm not STILL IN PAIN FROM THIS DARN TOOTH/TEETH.

I hear you are giving haircuts tomorrow. Hint, hint.

I've seen your blankie. I'm stinkin' jealous. It's gorgeous! It's Little Red's big sister.

I love the new swings. Bony bum and her sister will have many hours of swingin' fun.

Jessica said...

What a lovely day. And those BOOTS! Holy cow. Ask her if I can borrow them sometime. They would be darling on me, I think. And those pictures of Max are too cute, too.

Joel and Jessie said...

It looks like they love the swing set....especially max!

I love the horse pictures!

Unknown said...

oh, how wonderful that you have a swingset! Azzy will want to come swing when we are in town. It is her favorite. I love Ruby's cowboy-girl boots. What a cute term. My nieces are the cleverest. It doesn't surprise me at all that Mads wanted the trapeze bar. Such her kind of thing!

Love,
me

TeamGornold said...

we really did have such a good time at your house the other day. and your yard art is absolutely lovely. i hope that one day we can move closer to you. that would be fun. living far from family is really not for me anymore, i don't think anyway!
love you lady!

Pam's Place said...

Love the pictures of your "yard art" especially the "gems" that adorn it. I kept trying to peek around the corner, tho, to catch a glimpse of your garden. How is it doing?

Second the vote for the picture of the girls on the horse. That one needs to be enlarged and framed. You have a beautiful family, Hillary. Your mom included.