Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Car accident....

Rubes and I were in a minor car accident yesterday. Nobody was injured but our car is looking a little more shabby than its normal dirty winter self.

This is where the SUV's hitch got me. My poor licence plate didn't stand a chance.



We were on the freeway coming home after a successful grocery shopping trip, I had wanted to get there and back before the storm hit so I wouldn't have to climb up my snowy mountainous driveway. They were doing some construction and I guess a large construction tarp had blown into the road. Well, the SUV in front of me stopped for it, and I stopped, and the car behind me stopped, but the truck behind her and the mini van behind him did not. Well, they did, they just used my car and the lady's behind me to help them.
Here is my poor damaged car.

This is the cute ladies car that was behind me. Her name was Rebecca and she had a 3 year old boy, they were on their way to START Christmas shopping. They didn't quite make it but they did get a ride in a really cool tow truck.

Here is Rubes playing "pony" with the ice scrapper. She was a trooper. The whole ordeal took about 2 hours since there were so many cars involved. She didn't complain once. She has asked about 178 times today if the lady's car is fixed yet? And once she asked if we were going to get in another accident today! Oh please no.

This is what we were going to use to pee in if the Highway Patrol took any longer. It was close but we made it home. Too much information?

Today, I did have to go buy the Ru another car seat. Did you know if a car seat has been in an accident (no matter how small) you have to get a new one? I didn't. They only had "boy" kinds at the store so we bought a boy one and are going to trade the girl seat covers for her. Oh the things we do.

Anyway, that's all folks. Yesterday was crazy, before and after the accident. I'm glad it is today.

8 comments:

rouskafamily said...

I am sorry to hear about your car crash. I am happy and glad you and the Robs are OK.
Did you work at Sams when they guy whos hair I had just cut was backing out and absolutley hit my car? It is funny now, but was so angry!!
Merry Christmas I just mailed your Christmas card today but I do not want you just standing outside by the mailbox anxiously awaiting for it, it is to cold and you will catch a fever. Stay inside and be patient. :) Merry Christmas

rouskafamily said...

oops I meant to say Rubs

Emily said...

JGlad you're all okay! Sounds like an eventful day!

TeamGornold said...

oh hil, that is scary.
i am glad you and babe are okay!

Unknown said...

I am glad you made it through the accident safely. It sounds like a real mess. Your poor little car. But you and Ruby and the things that matter. Sorry I've been a bad blog buddy. I will do better. I LOVE your new header picture. It is the cutest thing (oops, don't tell Tierney I said that, she'll get jealous!)

xo,

Tierney

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I thought I commented earlier but I was so upset and then, when I saw the license plate, I freaked out. Really I did. And then I took seventeen anti-anxiety pills and a quart of Pepto Bismo and a pint of barbeque sauce and I am almost normal now.

I am so glad you weren't hurt. Did you get a copy of everyone's information so you can give it to your insurance company?

Don't do this again, okay?

PS I only ate three little white cookies today.

Cindy Price said...

Yikes!! Scary stuff. I'm glad you are okay. The angels must have been watching out for you and Rubs!!

Joel and Jessie said...

I am so glad that you guys are ok!!! I love the seasons greetings pictures...they are just priceless! Jessie