Monday, December 29, 2008

CHRISTMAS DAY...2008

Christmas day was a snowy, snowy one. It was snowing so lovely when we woke up and while we were opening presents and having the delicious breakfast casserole but after that it started to get old and just made us grumpy about shoveling.

I would like to say we had a quite, peaceful day talking about Jesus and all that we have and all that we are grateful for, but we didn't. I am a slacker person and the day went by to fast for me to remember about such things like to whole reason for the Christmas holiday! Plus, there was a whole camera incident that I would rather forget.
So instead, I've got some nice pictures to share. Here is our living room once the last present was opened.


Here is a view with the family waaaayyyy back on the couch, see them?

This one is of Elasta Girl with her new fishing waders. Darn Santa, we were going to buy these for her birthday. See that monster doll house behind Elasta Girl? Yep. That's for Rubes. What was Santa thinking? HUGE, but oh so great.

And, Mr. Smith's best present ever. It took some persuading but now he sees the beauty.

Here's a picture of me.

Here's a better picture of me. why am I always the one behind the camera?

One of gloomy Elasta Girl in her Christmas sweater. I believe she was frustrated with something crafty that was resolved in about .37th of a second.

And one of the Rubinator. She was feeling left out of the picture gang.

After the presents were all opened the girls played and Mr. Smith and I watched Mamma Mia! I know, it was totally his idea. Not true , but he didn't say he hated it, maybe because I didn't sing along like some people do.

After that, we got all pretty like and headed for my parents house to have Christmas dinner with all the family. It was so great to have everyone all in there at the same time. And I know my mom was in heaven to have every one there. Alz's fella even came down. He works at a sky resort and didn't get off work until 6pm. It was a pretty great day and even though it was not great for traveling home from my parents, the snow was nice to look at.

We hope you all had a nice day too. And a happy New Year to boot.

Oh I know one thing I am grateful for.....spell check. Now all they need to invent is "grammar check" and "punctuation check". Or is that the same thing. Who knows.

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Love all the photos. Need a close up of the doll house roof. Max's hat makes me chuckle. As does Elasta girls waders. What a woman! I love your face...my girl...and the close up of your eyes. You have always had happy eyes. You are my happy girl and I love you.

Unknown said...

Your eyes look so lovely in the big eyes picture. And Max looks tooo cute in his hat. Will he wear such a pretty hat? I hope so. Maybe don't tell him I said it was pretty. I LOVE the doll house. Is that the one you got from KSL? It's great! I also love the messy living room with all the paper. Most of all, I love you and your cute fam!

xo,

Tierney