Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Flashback...James Taylor Concert

When we were living with Mr Smith's parents (spring/summer of 2006) while we were finishing our house, Mr Smith took Elasta girl (yup, that is Mad's new name) and his little sister on an overnight camping trip. Yippee for me, Rubes was too little so we stayed home.


Well, that evening Mr Smith put on a James Taylor CD (in his truck) and they listened to it while sitting around the camp fire. I think that was the first time the sister had heard James Taylor, (I'm pretty sure) she liked it quite a bit.


And so, Mr Smith came home from work one day in May (or June) saying the James Taylor man was coming in concert, my brainy self said "We should take M*****" (the little sister). Brainy, huh? Plus also her birthday is in August. We do not do presents every year for siblings but if one come along that is great - then presto, you get a present.


FAST FORWARD: So, On August 4th of this year we took Elasta girl and Mr. Smith's little sister (no cute nickname yet) to the James Taylor concert. It was a great night, a little stressful (courtesy of Mr Smith). But still really great.



One of my favorite parts was when James Taylor was waving his arms up high and we saw he had flappy (Relief Society) arm skins. It's comforting to know we all have flappy skins somewhere. Even famous skinny people.



I was also surprised to learn that he was really funny. And not surprised to see he was so nice to ALL his fan who wanted autographs.


Oh Dad, you're so funny. What ever you said.

These are the memories of fun and warmer days. I'm just already tired of winter. Oh dear me.
PS: I don't know why some of my pictures aren't centered. I DO know why my grammar is strange and my punctuation is odd. That's my own personal touch. Deal with it and enjoy. And quite commenting corrections. (maummm and kraut!) You may only comment if you think I'm great and lovely. HAVE A NICE DAY!

4 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I would like to comment but how will I know if you are great and lovely? Oh, you meant if I THINK you are great and lovely. Well, I do and you are so here you are.

Love the new name. Get crackin' on the others.

Maummm

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PS He has falppy RS arms? Hilarious! You just say funny things, girlie.

PPS Love the photos. That Mr. Smith, he's dishy, isn't he?

Emily said...

Hillary, it's Emily from bunko. Cute blog. send me your email address and I'll invite you to mine. emily.williams76@gmail.com

tierneyzan said...

such cute pictures, and I love Mads' new nickname. I love the part about Relief Society arm. I am too tired to cook dinner. I have barely the strength to blog. I am trying to think of a nickname for Ruby but not having any success. My poor husband. I bet he wishes I cooked like you. Well, I guess I kind of do a little. We are going to have cheddar and tuna sandwiches and soup. The soup is from before vacation, but it's been in the fridge and looks fine. Oops, I forgot I was commenting on your blog and I'm starting to blog-a-blah-blah myself. I know you will forgive.

xo,


Tierney