Sunday, February 8, 2009

BIRTHDAY GIRL

Ahhh Elasta Girl, my sweet little 9 year old daughter.
It's Elasta Girls 9th birthday today- FINALLY. I don't feel all that great about her being 9. Next year she will be in double digit's.



I was woken up this morning to a "Hi, Mama - I'm nine!" And then I think there was a "oh yeah" in there somewhere too. It's hard to remember.

We gave her a new digital camera (leopard print) a cute shirt and skirt that fits her perfect, a book about a little girl who finds an abandoned alley to explore (called: The Alley) a Taylor Swift CD and a fashion design set to make her own (mini sized) dresses, complete with a mini dress dummy. It is AWESOME.





After the camera was opened.



After the skirt and shirt were opened, She was saying "WOW WOW WOW"


This is after the fashion design set was opened, she attached Mr Smith with LOVE. I think this picture is so sweet.



Remember the Scout Banquet? This is what I was doing while they were biding on cakes. Oh well, can't have too much cake can you?

Her are 9 things I love about Elasta Girl:
  • She always wants to do what's right
  • She has the sweetest smile
  • She LOVES books (love really isn't strong enough)
  • She is KIND to everyone (even the smelly boys and catty girls)
  • She minds even when I forget that I have asked her to do something
  • Her DIVA fashion sense
  • Her cute head and all those curls (even if we flat iron the curls away sometimes)
  • How she never forgets her scriptures for church
  • How her teachers talk about her (they all think she is great too)
  • How she doesn't do what everyone else does.

I know that was 10 but what am I suppose to do when I have a daughter that is so great?

E-Girl I love your guts and enjoy you being my daughter sooo much. Happy Happy Birthday. Enjoy this one, for you are not allowed to have any more. I forbid you to grow up, its a new family rule.


8 comments:

Shan said...

I remember when that elasta girl was born. I don't appreciate her getting older either, cause I'm getting older too. Tell her I love her cute guts and happy birthday too.

Emily said...

Happy birthday Elasta Girl! She is so adorable! By the way, cute cake!! (Don't forget Wednesday at 6:30 and don't forget your wedding picture. NO EXCUSES!!)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Dear Elasta Girl,

I expect to see some photos that YOU have taken on this blog. I am so excited to see what you can do with the new camera. I got my first camera when I turned 12. My sister gave it to me. I took dorky pictures. You will take cool ones.

Love you the mostest,
Grandma Snyder

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

tierneyzan said...

That is just the cutest cake ever. I talked to E gal this afternoon, and she was sooo excited about her presents. I wanted a picture of her new skirt! (I know. I am demanding.) It looks like you guys had a great time.

Jessica said...

Happy birthday, Elasta girl. You are lovely and wonderful and we love you.
Love,
Litte Jessica and Ashton

TeamGornold said...

Happy birthday to your little one! you guys are all so cute and oh so missed. also you have the cutest shoes ever. hil, you need to teach me how to be a girl!!!
love you

Anonymous said...

love to get her in bed and give her the best present, I like them young so 9 is no issue for me