Sunday, February 8, 2009

Scout Blue and Gold Banquet...

Last night was the Blue and Gold Banquet for the Scouts. Mr Smith is the Webelos (age 10) scout leader and so we were all invited. Except for poor Ru had a fever of 102 and a gnarly cough and was feeling just poor and pitiful. Her and I stayed home with all the germs.


I haven't been to a Scout banquet since I was little and was sort of looking forward to it. They have a cake auction to raise money for the Scouting program, the cakes are made by each Scout aged boy (or their mom) and auctioned off to the highest bidder. This is the cake Elasta Girl bid on. She picked it because it looked like it had LOTS of frosting on it. I don't know where she gets her frosting obsession from...



Here it is again about 30 minutes after her and Mr Smith got home.



Oh relax, Mr Smith and Elasta Girl each had a SMALL piece and then we gave a chunk to our neighbor friend who is without his family this weekend.

This is pretty much what little Ru did while Mr Smith and Elasta Girl were away.


I had given her some prescription cough and congestion medicine and apparently it made her sleepy. "Sleeping" isn't really the best description for what she was doing. She was OUT. This is how I found her 10 minutes after I got off the couch.

I fixed her all comfy like and don't really think she noticed. She's much better today...

3 comments:

tierneyzan said...

Maddy told me all about her yummy "triple chocolate" cake and that her daddy let her bid on it. Poor little roo-a-doo looks too cute all sprawled out on the couch. I am very glad she is better. You need to join Facebook too, now.

tierneyzan said...

p.s. Yay. I was first. And now I am second!

Jessica said...

I love that tiny Ru and it is a little sad to see her like that. I'm so glad she is feeling better.