Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Family Love Day...

(A.K.A. Valentines day 2009)

We didn't do much today, Mr Smith did do a little drywall this morning, he was gone for about 45 minutes. Then we all just stayed home because the weather was so crummy. A shocker, I know. I am so over winter.


















We made this love note heart garland at Activity days on Wednesday. We left a little pocket in one of the hearts to leave "love notes" in for our family members. This one is Elasta Girls. She didn't think we had seen her note, so she tucked it in a more noticeable spot.

During the day the girls made Mr Smith and me Valentines.

These two are mine.









And, these two are Mr Smith's

Aren't they sweet? I love our girls.

We were very glamorous and extravagant this year. I got Mr Smith a $6 seed starting "thing" and he got me a rose shaped chocolate and a Valentine mug from the dollar store.

We gave the girls both stuffed animal puppy dogs. But mostly, we had a yummy dinner.

For a couple of years now, I have decorated the dinner table on Valentines Day with crape paper, candles and candy.

Ru was saying "Mom, what are you doing? Like the hands on her hips? She means business.

I made "egg noodle" Alfredo ( I didn't have any fettuchini noodles) with grilled chicken and broccoli. A nice one dish dinner. (spell check doesn't understand my "fettuchini" spelling)

French bread and butter,

and sparkly strawberry lemonade to drink. (Country Time strawberry lemonade mixed with 2 cans of Sprite and some sliced strawberries just to be fancy)

It is also a tradition to make caramel fondue for dessert. I was to preoccupied eating the caramel fondue to take pictures of it. But we had apples, bananas, pears and donuts to dip. It was perfect.

Elasta Girl drew hearts on her and Ru's face but they didn't stay very long. Thank heavens for washable markers. As a side note: I tend to color streaks in Ru's hair with Crayola markers from time to time. All the while saying: "don't ever do this to yourself "

And a little crack for your viewing enjoyment. Happy Valentines Day everybody.

7 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I want you to check and see if the Ladybug on your card from Maddy is pink. I clicked on it to enlarge it but it wouldn't work. One of the stories I told her was about the pink Ladybug. The cards are so precious--I know you love that word--that I almost cried. What sweet girls. Your table is beautiful. We ate leftover soup and carrots and celery and the table is piled with everything I took out of the living room so the Visiting Teachers could think I was tidy yesterday. Hoo hum. but tomorrow it will be mushroom and asparagus lasagna. Yum.

I made cards at card class but no one got one. I'm such a slacker. Glad to see you're not. I love you.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PS Ruby cracks me up!

Is Maddy feeling any better? Should we reschedule her lunch-birthday date? I am so worried about her.

TeamGornold said...

cute! rubies last pic reminds me of the video of b. ha ha, they are genetically connected. anyway, i am so glad that you guys had a good v-day!

Emily at The Fine House said...

wow, you are way better than me at valentines. I think next year I may steal your idea and set my table pretty too :) We had mac n cheese. It was pretty fancy.

Natalie said...

You are so festive! I need to be better. I love reading your blog, you crack me up!!

Jessica said...

Those girls are darling. Even the one who cracked. You are darling, too. Your table is darling. How does Mr. Smith handle all the darlingness in that house?

Anonymous said...

that looks real nice, love to get my tongue up in there and lick it good, get it nice n wet then pull her cheeks apart andcum in her, I loved being a big brother to my little sis she had it in all 3 holes by the time she was 8