Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Silly Ru....and an explanation



On a happier note. Last night, when Ru and I were getting ready to read (yet another) Berenstein Bear book before bed she said: "Wait Momma, I need a little help getting my panties out of my wedgie."



My "LAST POST" explanation:

Ok about that last post, let me explain: but first, all the boys who may or may not read this blog stop reading right now. - It will be too much information for you. Especially if you are one of my relatives. - We aren't trying for a baby. I was just a few days later than my normal 28 day self, and started thinking maybe I am, how fun for me. I counted on my calendar about 20 times in the past few days just to make sure I was as late as I thought I was. I was but not late enough I guess. Hence, the sadness.

With the construction business in the crapper as it is right now, Mr Smith is doing less work and for less money. Oh, and since our $5ooo.oo maternity deductible switched to $65oo.oo at the first of this year we won't be having another baby anytime soon. We have some savings but probably will have to use it to live off of unless the economy makes a B-line for gloriousness. I blame our new President. Just Kidding. He's doing great.

So, for all you commenter's, I am better, I was better last night even. I just needed a 12 hour sad moment. And for the record, I would be DELIGHTED to be "surprise" pregnant. (don't tell Mr Smith, he may have a heart attack) OK There you have it.

THE END







7 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Okay, I've had about the same amount of time and I don't know how I feel. I didn't have the days and days of thinking about it.

A friend of mine felt it was time. And so they practiced. And then she peed on the stick and she it said "Hooray!" And then, almost immediatly, her hubby lost his job. He's been scrambling ever since. The baby is here. He's darling and a blessing in their lives. I asked her if they had waited one more month...she said, "We would never have gotten pregnant." And then I asked if it was fine and she said, "Yes, we have managed fine." And then she looked down at the sleeping baby and smiled and stroked his cheek and I knew it was fine.

The moral of this story is to live life as if it is fine.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PS Ru is a treasure. Wedgies and all.

Jessica said...

That Ru cracks me up. No pun intended. Really.

You could always have a home birth. They're cheaper. :) (I mention it because I know that is something that interests you with your 400 pound babies and all...)

Insightful Nana said...

So sorry about your disappointment.
I had a few surprises in my time... in fact 3 our of 4 surprises.

I don't know if I would have every planned them...if it hadn't been a surprise.

My two boys were 11 months apart. So sad at the time... but now... I can't even imagine what life would be like without them.

God has a funny way of directing our plans doesn't he?

Unknown said...

I had to have Jason turn down the TV so I could read him the line about Ruby-doo's wedgie. She is so CUTE! That is the silliest deductible I've heard of yet. How rude! It's enough to make one have the baby in the manger. (Not really, but tempting!)

TeamGornold said...

i love that pic of ruby!

Anonymous said...

come to me Ru I will gladly help you out of your panties, I get so hard taking my granddaughters down and I LOVE sniffing and sucking the gusset, her pu--y is so nice