Saturday, January 10, 2009

a good night...

Mr. Smiths little sister Megs called yesterday afternoon to see if she could come down to visit. We were all home and doing nothing so I said "SURE, come over right now". Elasta Girl had (and still has) some strange illness that is making her tummy feel yuck, so we were taking it easy at home yesterday. Mr Smith has had a few days off work so he was home too.

She came down and we visited some and then ate a yummy dinner of elk steak, roasted potatoes with fresh rosemary (uncovered from the snow in our herb garden) a green salad (Mr Smiths favorite) and cheesecake bars for dessert. Everything was delicious.
After dinner we visited more and had a photo session. Here are some of the silly pictures.
Elasta Girl may need a new elfish name.
She is scaring me in this picture.
This is the cheerleader Megs drew on the micro Etcha-sketch.
After the photos we played a few games of Apples to Apples which Mr. Smith won. Then, the girls went to bed and the grown-ups watched a movie.
It was such a good night but I did stay up WAY to late. I'm so very glad Megs came down and I hope she got home safely.
One more thing, before she called, Mr Smith and I cleaned the house. He vacuumed and swept and mopped the foyer and the kitchen. It was so nice and done so quickly. I was shocked, confused, ecstatic and flabbergasted all at the same time. It was the best day ever, except for the Elasta Girl being sick part.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you guys so much for having me over. It made a boppy day quite excellent.

It makes me happy to see that you have posted so many of our silly pictures. You people sure are cute!

Unknown said...

My oh my, what a cheerleader. I received a first-hand report from Megs that Apples to Apples is very fun. She gave me a description, and it sounds like something I would really enjoy playing. I wish we lived closer and could zip over for visits too! What cute, fun pictures. I want to blog, but I didn't get any good pictures today. I took two of Azzy and me leaving for the park, but I look ugly in them, and we have one of Azzy trying not to ralph. I will try again tomorrow.

Love,

me

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Pictures really make a blog, don't they? Miss Megglers is very beautiful, even acting fishy. And Mr. Smith, the domestic? He rocks! I love the black and white the most but maybe it's because my girl is in it.

Loveyou'bye,
Mom

PS I am available for movies.

Unknown said...

I am available for movies too. Please come pick me up. I was being greedy and seeing if you had blogged this morning, and you had not, but I thought I would comment anyway. Every time I get onto your blog and see your rosy, happy face and your pretty, sweet daughters on the header it makes me so happy!