Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year...2009

The Christmas decorations are still up, the Christmas presents aren't all put away yet, my house is a grimy, dirty, cluttery mess, the dirty laundry is piled high and Mr Smith is out of work for who knows how long. What a nice start to the new year. Actually I think it is, for I am not a worrier. Well, I worry about other people just not me.

Today I am going to play with my very best hair school friend, little Jessica. (She was the Color Me Mine friend from November) That is, I hope I am going to play with her, she has been sick and thought she would be well enough by Friday to play. I should call her.

I have all day Saturday to put the Christmas decorations away and get my house in order don't I. Laundry is easy, it is an all day process but doesn't take that much effort.

As for Mr Smith, I am looking forward to him being home to see us for a while. He doesn't know it but, I am already compiling a "honey do" list for him. Just so he won't be bored, I'm nice like that. Always looking out for others well being.

Another perk of 2009 is that church starts at 9am. 9am church is difficult at first but oh so much better than the 1pm we had last year. 9 am church means you are up and showered and ready first thing in the morning. 1pm church means lounging around the house all morning in your dirty jammie bodies until you realize it is 11:30 and you all need baths and hair done and lunch and you've only got an hour and 15 minutes. 9am church is grand and I am ready for it.

And lastly my resolutions: 50 pounds, baby. And no more credit card debt. EASY!

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I'm in with the 50 pounds loss. Shall we weigh every other Thursday when I come down?

Our church is at 1:00. Again. We are out of the red chapel and down at Riverwoods for at least a year while they fix our chapel for earthquakes. I've heard the dollar amount and I am astonished. So, the earthquake comes, the dams break and the Riverwoods chapel floats down the river and we will never be seen again. In the meantime, our chapel will stand firm. And empty!

Emily said...

I'm with ya' on the early church thing. 9:30. Not too bad, 1:30 could possibly be the worst church time EVER! See ya' there!!s

Diana said...

Hi Hillary! I saw your list on Jimi's and wanted to say hi! I must say your blog is soooo funny! It cracked me up! I love the honesty! Haven't seen you at the 4th of July lately so I haven't known what to do! And your girls are so grown up!! And has your husband gotten any coyotes or whatever he hunts lately? Poor Shawn never did get to go with him which he was so jealous of! :)