Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Birthday dear Liesel...

Today is my cute sister-in-laws 27 th (I think) birthday. Except for she passed away on July 6, 2007. This is sadly the only picture I have with her in it. Liesel is the second from the right. (by the way family, I need more pictures of Liesel)




She was at least 6 feet tall and liked to wear 4 inch platforms. Which made her over a foot taller than me. She lots and lots of tattoos and didn't mind when I said she was crazy. And when she asked if I liked them, I would always say, "yeah, that would look really cool - on a piece of paper!" I don't think she minded that either. She did love me.


She colored her hair with absolutely no fear from bright red to pitch black and everything in between. Come to think of it, she cut it with no fear as well. I remember when she was about 15, she brought me a picture of David Becham (the soccer player) with a "diver do"(short and spiky in the front) and wanted me to cut her hair like that. I looked at her funny and said: "Lies, you know that's a picture of a boy don't you?" She knew, and didn't care. So I cut (with some fear). And she looked darling.


She always had a huge happy grin and an even bigger hug when ever she saw you. She loved as big as anyone I've ever known, and you could tell by her every action. She even loved me when I told her she stunk (of cigarette smoke). The last time I saw her I hugged her and said in a quite surprised voice "hey, you don't stink." She just smiled and laughed and said she was trying to quit. I hugged her even more and said how proud I was of her. And I was.


She is the one who introduced me to many of the finer things in life, like "COACH" purses ( I got my 1st for Christmas from her mom this year - it's red, my favorite). She was always telling me what new fancy hair product she was using. What's sad is that I sometimes didn't know what they were.


She was a huge help in finishing our house. She worked at LOWE'S home improvement store and got us a screaming deal on some sweet plush carpet. She came and helped Mr. Smith (her big brother) paint the girls bedrooms, she cut and laid the tile in front of our fireplace and helped tons with the laminate flooring. She bought stuff for us and would never let us pay her for it. If she was working when we came in, she always gave us her discount.


I will always miss her, but am so grateful for having known her and loved her. When I get to heaven I am going to hug her first and then spank her for all the sadness she had given us by leaving us so soon. She chose to leave us by taking her own life and I tell you the hardest thing I have ever had to do was to tell Elasta Girl. I didn't even do the telling, Mr Smith did, If you can believe it, I was crying too hard to even speak. It hurt so bad to see that little girl and to know the pain she was in and not be able to fix it. I hope none of you ever have to experience it. That is also why we are going to spank her. Elasta Girl and I have it all planned out.

So happy birthday my little Liesel. I miss you like crazy, and love you loads.

Tootles. From you sister-in-law who is crying too hard to even see these words.

8 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I am so sad about that fun ABSENT Liesel. The last time I saw her was at Thanksgiving at your house--I think it was then--and she had on some outrageously tall shoes and looked darling. She and you had a great relationship. You called her "your informer." (Oops, was that a secret?) I remember you saying, "Darn that Liesel, now I won't know ANYthing." Of course there were a jillion other reasons you are sad about her and in the spanking mode, too.

She is watching over Rubes and Elasta Girl and little Pearl. I know this. And she is watching over you and she wants to comfort you, so listen and feel her and be comforted. She is okay and I know she has had some good talks with the Savior. He is making things all right.

She loves you as much as you love her. Be comforted. Bless your heart.*

*Really, bless your heart. You have a loving heart and you bring blessings to everybody else so you need someone to say, “Bless your heart,” to you. And so I do.

Unknown said...

Dear Hillary-

Thank you so much for blogging about my lovely sister today. I miss her so much all the time, and today was especially hard. I still have such a hard time with the reality that she is gone. It just seems to awful to be true. Tonight Megs and I went out to dinner, and I so much wished Liesel was there with us.

What you've written here is so beautiful and makes my heart feel better.

Lots of love,

Tierney

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PS I meant to say she is watching over Elasta Girl, Rubes and Danger Girl and she and Pearl are doing it together. I'm getting on in years, that's why I'm befuddled!

The word verification is "mutor." It fits, I think.

Emily said...

I'm crying too, and I didn't even know her. Unfortunately, they don't understand who they are affecting!! Sounds like a cool lady! I can't wait until you get to see her again, too!

Jessica said...

I'm crying, too! I am sorry for your sadness, but so grateful that you know that you will get to hug and spank her again. I remember when she died. I will never forget you sitting in my chair at the salon sobbing and all you could say was, "She was so wonderful." My heart broke for you that day and it breaks for you and your family today.

Bonnie said...

Your not suppose to make me cry! I usually check your blog regularly and today I'm sitting here sobbing! You are so amazing!! She was lucky to have you as a sis-in-law and she better watch out for that spanking!

Jeanne said...

That was such a beautiful tribute. And you say you can't write - whatever. One question...is there ever a time when you lovely mom isn't the first one to comment? She's awesome.

Shan said...

Hillyerie, you're the sweetest ever. Not that I want to get dead, but I hope I'm being the kind of person you'd want say such wonderful things about me. Since I'm not getting dead, maybe you should just tell me them anyway :o)