Sunday, January 25, 2009

A little chat with Santa...And hats off to Elasta Girl

The Aunt Wendy sometimes likes to give large presents to the Grandma Smith for Christmas. This last year she gave her a beautiful Santa elf which was delivered while we were visiting one day.
Grandma Smith unwrapped it and set it on the dining room chair for display. Well, as you can imagine little Ru was mesmerized with the thing the whole darn night. The Grandma peeked in the dining room once and this is what she saw:


Yup. Little Ru had pulled a chair up to "Santa" and was telling him all sorts of things. (really) Mostly about what she wanted him to bring her for Christmas and somethings about how good she had been all year.

I grabbed my camera as quite as could be and snapped a few pictures.



HATS OFF TO ELASTA GIRL...

Elasta Girl loves straight hair. Her hair is the opposite of straight.

So some days I am a very nice Mom and straighten her hair before school. It really doesn't take that long, but morning are pretty hectic without the involvement of round brushes, hair dryers and flat irons. Not to mention all the lotions and potions I have to put in her thick beautiful curly hair to make it look lovely and manageably straight.



Besides how much she loves her hair to be straight, when I do straighten it Elasta Girl is giddy with joy because she gets to wear a hat. She LOVES hats. (Probably because they are an accessory and she is such a fashion diva) She can't wear them when her hair is curly because she gets the ultimate of hat heads, and we all know, hat head is not pretty.

On this particular day she chose the hat her aunt Renee made for her during last year's Christmas visit. It's her favorite one, and you can't see but it also has a cute tassel on the top.








This is Renee. She is the cutest girl around and pretty nice too.

Not that it matters much, but I'm pretty sure her hair is blond now.

We get to see her and the rest of the "live far away" family this Christmas. Only 11 more months to go. Whu hoo. We can't wait.

4 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I did not recogonize Elasta Girl with straight hair. Some day, when it is twenty inches long, all tumbly down her back like yours was, she will be happy.

Ru, communing with "Santa" is very cute. Renee is very cute too but in a different way from Santa cute. Obviously. With blond hair she is probably way cute.

At least you blogged. I am a dry well.

TeamGornold said...

I love those pics of rue, she is a darling girl. the pics of straight haired elasta girl don't even look like her, she too is just a doll.
love you hill, wish you lived closer!

Shan said...

I sure wish that I'd known Rubes was going to have that little chat with Santa. I would have had her put in a good word for me. Something tells me he listens to her better than me. Maybe because she's so stinking cute and irresistable. I still love your very guts.

Unknown said...

You get to see me in only five months, if that helps any. But I am kind of old hat, cause I come visit all the time. I can't help myself, though. I love the pictures of Ruby with Santa. That is too cute! And Maddy looks so darling in the hat from Renee. I have pictures of her in her hat and my dad in the scarf Renee made him, together. Very cute. I love you lots and lots. And I am keeping the blinds drawn in my bathroom from now on!!

xo,

Tierney