Monday, January 12, 2009

Mailbox excitement...

What's better than real mail, I ask you? A surprise package addressed to me, that's what.

That's what I got on Saturday afternoon. We were all in the car headed off to the movie (The Tale of Despereux) with the girls, I ran quick to get the mail before we left. There were 2 post cards for the girls from the Aunt Tierney and a mysterious package addressed to me. My first thought (I get this from my mother) was that it was some kind of poison or a bomb. Being the daring and brave lady I am - opened it right up - and what was in it was not poison or a bomb, it was this teeny tiny shoe charm.


It was from my favorite sister-in-law* she sent it to me and wrote in side the package "now you can wear a cute shoe when ever you want". She's so great.


* "favorite sister-in-law" because she sent my the cutest surprise EVER. You all had better get crackin' if you wish for your ranks to improve. Brother-in-laws qualify. And friends, neighbors, parents, actual sisters and brothers and also strangers, if you promise not to send poison or bombs. I don't like those kind of surprises.


I know you all remember my cutest shoes ever that I can (barely) wear now.

I mean, how could you forget, right? My first 15 posts, and many of my Mother's were about my foot turmoil and these shoes. Well, this little charm is the spittin' image of my cutest shoes ever. Only much more comfy to wear.




Thank you, thank you my sis. I wanted to tell you last night when you called, but thought a whole blog post would be more fitting. Because you made my whole Saturday brighter. And a simple "phone thanks" wouldn't have cut it. I love you my sweets.



2 comments:

TeamGornold said...

oh hil,
i thought i was your favorite!
just kidding, there are lots out there that are better than me!!
love and miss you much!
bytheway, we forgot to have you guys out this last weekend, we still HAVE to plan that AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
my word verification was corko, kinda funny!

tierneyzan said...

Yay, yay, YAY! You got your prize!! I have been so excited for it to arrive. I saw that little shoe in a catalog last summer and thought of you and your shoe struggles, and a couple weeks ago I looked online to see if I could still find it, and there it was, and I just had to get it for you. I am very glad you like it. I love the picture of us together. It makes me so happy, and now I will have to buy you presents all the time so I can get blog coverage! Just kidding.

I love you so much miss you and your darling family.