Saturday, November 29, 2008

Best Day EVER...

Yesterday I had the best day ever. I got to spend it with my best friend Em. The whole day. It was excellent. - This is not her regular shirt. It is the shirt I gave my Dad for Fathers day (to be funny) He didn't want it. How ungrateful. Actually, I needed something to wrap so he didn't know I got him a gift card. But how cute is she even in the awful shirt.






Mr Smith and Em's husband went coyote hunting all day so I lured her down to my house with promises of a haircut, which she has been needing for about 2 months. My plan worked, she came down around 10am and stayed until nearly 4pm. I was in heaven. We put her 1 year old down for a nap and the older kids played for many hours. We visited, cut hair, opened very late birthday presents, ate lunch, and snacks and visited more.


Em and Oaklee.

And again



I have needed my Em for a very long time. We used to talk on the phone at least once a day, every day. But with kids, illnesses, school and our own silly stuff it is about once a week if we are lucky. It is mostly my fault since she is WAY more busy than I am. But in my defense I am not the best caller.


We have been friends since Jr High when we had all 7 classes together. We didn't know each other at all and at lunch that first day her best friend and my best friend were friends so we ate lunch with them. We were instant friends and in high school were inseparable. People were confused when we weren't together. (even our families)



She now has a 5year old Lilli (Lillian), a 3 year old Bridger and a 1 year old Oaklee. No wonder we never see each other. She is ultra busy. She is great at everything she does. She is the best mom (way better than me) She is super patient, extra fun and can laugh at herself (which is a skill I haven't gotten yet) and with others.







After I had my almost 11 pound Rubs, and was so not feeling great, she came down (when she was 8 months pregnant with her own 10 pound baby) and cleaned my house while I sat and watched. I thought she was just coming to visit and see the baby but she cleaned bathrooms instead. That's the kind of friend I have. She is the best.

Here's Bridger, This is his Vampire face. The gori-ness is his own. Apparently he has some rambunctious Uncles he was playing with on Thanksgiving Day, he tripped on a rock in the back yard. He is a tough one.
Yesterday, Rubs asked him if he liked Fairies, he rolled his eyes and made a disgusted noise and was on his way. It was so funny. He 's total boy.

Thanks for the best day ever, Em I loved every minute of it.

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Ohmygosh, that Emily looks just as young and THIN and perfect as she ever did. Even with the shirt-of-gaudiness. I miss having her here, watching TV, eating macaroni and cheese. Of course I miss YOU here, doing anything. How I love Emily. And yes, she does it all. Amazing. Too bad she can't be paid for being awesome--like Niagara Falls. She'd be set for life.

And, sorry you got the not-being-able-to-laugh-at-yourself from me. I guess Mom's nagging diddn't take after all.

Jesse's girl said...

I love your stories!!! And the cute pictures!!!! We miss you all very much!