Sunday, November 30, 2008

Super Saturday...

About a month ago (at least) our Relief Society Enrichment had a Super Saturday, which is Saturday of craftiness and lunch for all the Relief Society ladies. My friend Jessica (who can do almost anything) is the Enrichment leader and she put together all sorts of very cute things to do. Some were her ideas and some were others. Here is what I chose to do. This idea was out of a Martha Stewart Living magazine she had saved.
These plates were already painted red and glazed we just traced the patterns on and dotted the enamel paint with the pattern. You can buy the paint at the craft store, after you paint it on and it is dry, you bake it for 30 minutes at 350. And voila! Cuteness galore.






This pitcher was just an IKEA special for about 2 bucks. This is her pattern also I just copied it. It is so easy and turned out so cute.

This is my own purchase from IKEA, it was in the plant and potting section it was also 2 bucks. It is now my kitchen utensil holder. She let me use some paint and my own special design.

If you've been to my house, my plates are next to my mirror in my kitchen (where I do your hair) and my little pitcher is on my shelves by my sink.

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Is it a special kind of paint? How much does the paint cost?

Very cuteness galore, and you are the bargain winner, to boot.

Alisa said...

cute cute- will you make me one? and cut my hair?