Saturday, November 8, 2008

TA DAH!


And here is the finished product. Cleaned by 11:30am. You'll notice I now have a puny pile in my small and attractive basket. It is stuff like "emergency checklist" papers and the booklets you get from the church about taking care of your finances, the old cell phones are still there and receipts for our wall paint so I can go to the store and get some to touch up with.....The touch up paint is our little secret.

Now when Max got home from work he put his stuff right on my clean counter. Can you believe him? There is just something about a horizontal surface that makes you want to fill it up. In my parents house growing up it meant you were suppose to sit on that surface. And we did.


To tell you the truth, I didn't notice Max had set his business there and at dinner I asked him if he noticed anything different. He immediately looked at my hair, which was not done by the way, to see if I got a haircut. I looked over at the counter and "GASPED" I think I said a "how dare you" in there too. I RAN to get my camera (for the evidence) and it clicked in his brain and we raced to the counter. It was pretty silly, looking back now. He got to there first and grabbed his stuff. I made him put it back so I could take the picture. HOW DARE HE.
Now you may want to side with him. "where is he suppose to put his stuff" you may say. Well don't! He has this...



...the right side of the cupboard above the counter. It's disastrous. And he asks me where stuff in that pile is too. Maybe I'll do that today. Or perhaps maybe I'll poke him in the eye.

5 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Now we KNOW why poor Mighty M. rolls his eyes. He's trying to avoid the pokes! Good grief girl, didn't I teach you any manners? Don't answer that, I taught you pee-lenty, you just didn't listen. Sometimes you stuck your fingers in your ears and sang, "Waltzing Matilda."

You didn't wanna be the purse, either.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PS I read this again and when I get to the last line I laugh. So, now that I'm all jolly and laughing I can go to bed.

Loveyoubye

Anonymous said...

Hill,

I've got plenty of piles that need sorting if you want to spread the joy.

Unknown said...

if you could see my house you would recoil in horror. when I am bashing myself over the state of my house, I always think how nice yours is and wonder how you do it.

xo from your very messy sis-in-law,

Tierney

Hillary said...

I don't even know how "Waltzing Matilda" goes.