Friday, November 21, 2008

what the kids are saying 2




Yesterday Mads was making her lunch before school. She was taking chicken noodle soup, apple sauce and a Fiber One granola bar (those things are good) and water. She got it all packed and was zipping up her lunch tote when all the sudden she stopped, got a bendy straw, put it in her lunch tote and put her tote in her school bag. Me, feeling confused, asked what the straw was for? She simply said: "For all the brothy goodness"

This picture is when she was 5 and lost her first tooth but how cute is she. I hope I didn't get rid of that night gown, it was pink with brown polka dots and oh so soft.

Then today I was helping Rubs clean up the huge disaster of her room. I asked her if I should help her make her bed and she says: "yes, I a maned it" (I demand it) She was smiling so I didn't find much offense to her a maned-ing it.

3 comments:

Shaunell said...

HOW have I not seen you yet?? Your kiddlings are SO cute, I want to squeeze them. And that Maddy is SO a little HIllary--all the brothy goodness--I about cried that was so you. :) CUTIES

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

"For all the brothy goodness"? I agree with Shaunell--she is a little Hillary but sooner. So expect her to grow up to BE AN AUTHOR! And, she will perhaps mind her old and formerally moldy.

Unknown said...

I am very naughty and behind on your blog. I guess I have a good excuse for once. You've always had cute pigs, but the snowflakes are really the cutest, cutest, cutest pigs ever. I can just picture maddy talking about brothy goodness. I can't wait to see her and Ruby. I wonder if sweet Ruby will still want to hold Azzy. She's gotten big! And the picture of Maddy showing her lost tooth is...well...super cute. Okay, so I DO know a lot of adjectives besides cute, but cute so succintly describes you and your family, so THERE!

Love,

Tierney