Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama for President and now this...

Last night we elected a new President of the United States. Barack Obama. I don't know anything about politics or what the 2 candidate really believe in so I can't complain or celebrate but I do wish him the best and his family in their new job. I do hope for a better future for our country. I hope the new President keeps God in his decisions and remains strong and grounded in his plan for our great country.
I was watching Good Morning America this morning and they interviewed about 10 2nd through 5th graders in an elementary school back east (I can't remember where-I'm sure it was significant) and they asked if we made the right decision for President, Their comments were interesting. Some said yes because now we finally have and African-American President and some said no because he is going to raise taxes (Do little children know what taxes are?) One little boy said, when asked about Obama's daughters living in the White House, "They are gonna ROCK that HOUSE!" And I hope they do. Good luck Mr. President.
And now this... snow. HMPhhhh. We woke up to this scene out our front door...


and this one...That long skinny thing is not a boa constrictor it is our pipe for the rain gutter. Pretty huh?

And I know I said the Halloween decorations were down but I just loved the Jack-o-lanterns the girls carved this year that I thought I'd leave them up a bit longer. The truth is, they need to be put in our compost pile and it is just too cold outside. wahh.

It is too early for snow, I am not excited to shovel our driveway. I'm sure I will have many a post this winter about shoveling the driveway and you can see it then. It is very steepish. A steep driveway does make for a fabulous front yard landscape. You will see it in the spring I promise. In the spring it is delightful in the winter, not so much.

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Kids learn what they hear at home. They are parrots so the children interviewed about the President elect were a barometer for what their parents believe.

I brought all the geraniums in before the snow last night. Dad said, "They house smells like geraniums, why is that?"

They were already in the basement so I said, "I dunno."

Then HE went to the basement and said, "The basement smells like geraniums, why is that?"

And I said, "I'm fixing your dinner. It's going to be deelicious." And then he quit being the geranium hound dog and forgot about them. I also brought in the cyclamen.

And I'm pretty sure that is a snake.

Thanks for blogging. Please do so again tomorrow and encourage Shirt to do the same.

That'llbeall

Jeanne said...

Compost pile? ummmm who are you? I'm impressed...and a little scared.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. I am jealous of that snow. And look at your cute little dandruff pumpkins. I love you darling sister-in-law!

Tierney

p.s. Last night Jesse and I were talking about your blog and how great it is, and he was saying how much he loves the pictures of your nieces. I do too!