Saturday, November 21, 2009

Friday November 20th Thankfulness...

Today, I am grateful for Max. He's the best guy I've ever met. He's fun and silly with the girls, yet stern and patient when he needs to be. He grumbles about all my crazy ideas but usually goes along with them. He used to watch Gilmore Girls with me, not because he liked it but because he liked how much I liked it. He's very understanding and always tries to see others points of view. It's very hard to fight with him because he is always so understanding, but I do try. ;)



He lets me take the silliest pictures of him, knowing full well that I will blog about them.



He's also pretty easy on the eyes, and thinks I'm beautiful even with my extra *cough cough* chubs, wrinkles, gray hair, and stray chin furs.


My Mom said, on my first Thankfulness post, this about Max:


"I'm thankful for Max too but for a whole lot of different reasons. He's fair--always sees both sides. He thought of me on the WORST day of his life. He takes care of his three girls. He is a good worker. He's super nice and yet must have to be super stern to run a crew. He has a fun personality. I love his laugh. He's a super duper gardener. He's just a great guy, all around."

I read that comment, and thought to myself, "I think she might love Max best."

And yesterday my suspicions were confirmed when I was talking to my Mom on the phone. We were talking, as we most always do, about how much she loves me, and how I am her favorite. "Well", she adds "I love Maddy most too.....and I think I might love Max best" (Poor Ruby, right?) I don't know how I feel about sharing the favorite title with other people, even if they are my own personal family.

The HORROR.




He is a great father and a not to shabby hubby. It hurts me to think of live without him. I hope I never have to.

I love his guts and also his butt. Just kidding, but not really.


The end.

6 comments:

TeamGornold said...

oh hil! you do have a wonderful family. you are all really good examples to me. i think highly of you, and should probably tell you that more often. you guys are great. see you like next month sometime i think...
love you so much!

Emily said...

You're awesome!!! You're so dang thankful, I just can't stand it! You have a great family:)

Shan said...

I'm thankful for Max, too. I'm thankful that he doesn't mind too much that I come to your house and that sometimes he likes to be there so that I can enjoy his company. He's nice enough that he told you to come to see me when I was having my not best day. I also think that he is stinkin' funny. I think it's safe to say that he is a good egg.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Yes, Max is a pleasure but about his butt.... I can't think about that so let's move right along.

First of all, how do you suppose Ruby is going to feel. Go edit that! Second of all, who said you could blab everything I tell you when I'm emotional and post menopausal. Third of all, I love all my children best and all my grandchildren best. Some are bestest of all but only because I am looking/talking to them at that moment. Like when they answer the phone and say, "Haaloooo," like a real old Maude even though they are only nine years old.

Fourth of all, yes, Max--he's a keeper and a looker and patient and funny and... on and on. Glad you like him too.

Alisa said...

I am glad you have Max-
I wish we could play pente again. My kids would beat him. We could have a pente tournament and play round after round, and you could make the yummy treats.
I am glad you love Max.

Hillary said...

My Mom lies. She really loves me best and MAYBE Max and Maddy second. As for Ruby, probably other people love her best...but they live somewhere else.