Friday, November 13, 2009

Horsing around.

The other day, my phone rang. It was my cute neighbor, Jason. He lives across the street and is very rarely home. Anyways, I answered and he said "do you have any little girls over there" I first thought he was missing his daughter, she shows up occasionally for visits and usually brings a cousin or two with her. Then I got suspicious so I opened up the front door and there he was, at the bottom of our driveway on his horse.

He's not very cooperative in the posing department. That's his little nephew, Legend, behind him.

He had come to see if the girls wanted a ride. Cute huh? He gave the girls lots of rides- so many that he had to RUN his horse back so he could put him away before it got dark.

In return, we gave his horse a few of our garden carrots. And some for his horsey friends too.

The girls were excited and I was excited for them. Maddy is getting so "old". She didn't want to act like it was a big deal if she had a ride or not, so when he asked her if she wanted another ride she just said: "uhh sure".

4 comments:

Shan said...

Only too bad for Maddy about being so cool, because if that Jason boy asked me if I wanted a ride, I would have leaped up and did a little dance of happiness. Maybe I'll teach her my dance next time I see her. Then she'll know what to do next time the horse man shows up.

Jessica said...

That is a wonderful story and one that makes some kiddies in my house jealous. Now Roxie is making up stories about feeding her own horse a carrot. Never mind her distinct lack of very own horses...

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Look at the shadows in the last photo. Cool huh?

That Maddy, she is the world standard of cool.

TeamGornold said...

when is he gonna show up to my house in smithfield and offer me a ride? i may not be a 'little' girl, but i am cute... and definitely NOT too cool!