Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 17th Thankfulness

Today (yesterday) I am thankful for this kid. Maddy. She is a pleasure. She makes my day happier. Maddy is the best 9 almost 10 year old kid I have even met.

She's adventurous, kind, silly and a delight to be around. She is a good friend to everyone. She doesn't want to be mean or rotten EVER. Even to the people who are mean and rotten to her.


She wants to do what is right ALL of the time. Even if we haven't practiced her spelling and I tell her just to mark it off because we will practice doubly extra hard after school, she about has a heart attack. Then I have to drive her to school instead of her taking the bus so we can do her darn spelling....I'm not sure if that even ever happened. ;)

She is fun with her little sister, she is always conjuring up exciting stuff to do with her. It almost always involves dressing up and building something magical. Like a fairy garden in her room, or a mermaid paradise in the bathroom sink for the Polly Pocket dolls. Ruby is a pill A LOT of the time to Maddy, and Maddy is MOST ALWAYS patient and kind and CALM with her. I say she is mostly patient with Ru, cuz there is only so much a sister can take.


She will do anything you ask her and some that you don't. Yesterday was not my favorite day. After school, Maddy asked how my day had been (she always does), I said "not great" , she said she was sorry and that she thought so. And then she asked what she could do to help me. She cleaned up and folded the laundry and set the table all before I even noticed what she was doing. Max said that she was a good example to him because he saw her folding the laundry and putting her folded clothes away so he thought he could do that too.


And POOF, the laundry was put away-- and not by me.
Maddy adores fashion and jewelry and high heals. But love fishing and rocks and nature-y stuff just as much. She also loves books and plans what she is going to read 3 books in advance. She is GREAT.
I love Maddy. She's a pleasure.

2 comments:

Shan said...

I've always said that I love that Maddy best. Plus, I also happen to know that if you are ever in a restaurant and you are trapped into the booth by two girls and your beverage is empty, she will run get you a new one lickety split. AND she won't even charge you for it except for maybe 2 cents. I'm glad for Maddy, too.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I love that kid too. Today, when she answered your cell phone she said, "Haaalow" in her best Maude voice. I tell you, she is your clone. How lucky for me. And the world.