Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tuesday November 24th Thankfulness...

Today I am thankful for RUBY. Ruby is HILARIOUS. She brings lots of joy to our family. I'm always glad to have her here with us, even when she is being, not at all, a pleasure. Then, I am grateful for time out and doors.

Some funny stuff Ruby says:

We were about to read books one morning and she says "wait, I have to get my wedgie out. (pause) I wonder where wedgies come from".


Last week she was eating a graham crackers and milk snack, when, she said she was thirsty but she didn't want "chunky milk" She wanted (pause) chocolate milk.

She was sitting on my lap a few months ago, when she busted up laughing, and said "wouldn't it be funny if I tooted?" She thinks toots are the funniest thing ever invented.
Ruby remembers EVERYTHING. We went bowling with Jimi and her boys at least 18 months ago. Well, she saw the bowling alley from the freeway, and said "Mama, remember when we went bowling with Jimi? I want to go bowling again... it's my destiny".


Apparently, she's a beauty. People tell me.


She loves her dad most of all. But I'm not worried, I have Maddy.
Plus, I'm pretty sure she'll come around.

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

It's her destiny? Oh, my. A drama queen in the making. Or...maybe one who knows what she wants and she wants to go bowling. The sport of the great unwashed.

Shan said...

I love that Ruby too. Even when she is supposed to come and give me a love, only she has a mind of her own and does not do it. I'm not too worried, though. I know that I can ultimately get what I want if I threaten no more activites. She really doesn't stand a chance with that kind of power. It's a gift I have.

Jessica said...

She IS a beauty. And so stinking funny. I remember her cracking me up when she was so very tiny. We went to El Azteca and (I think it was) Roxie was very itty bitty and kept grabbing at things. Ruby muttered under her breath, "Naughty, naughty child..." She was MAYBE two. I almost fell off my chair. She is a funny girl!