Sunday, November 15, 2009

November 14th and 15th Thankfulness

Saturday November 14th I was thankful for the first snow.

The girlies were so excited for the 1/2 inch that fell, that they played out in it for about 13 minutes before wanting hot chocolate.


They worked and worked to gather enough snow to make this piddly snow lady. I don't know what Mads is pointing at.



It snowed all day Saturday too, and on Sunday, they played for a full hour and a half in it! (which brings me to Sunday's thankful post) Those girls were POPSICLES when they came in, but they had so much fun while they were out. Maddy's gloves were so wet she actually rung them out before hanging them up to dry.

Sunday November 15th I am thankful for the hour and a half I had of "alone time" to:
clean the kitchen, do the dishes, wipe the counters, scrub the sink, sweep the floor, tidy the living room, vacuum the living room/hall/bedroom, shower, put on make-up, do my hair and read a magazine (catalog), all without any "helpers". I am very grateful for my babies, but to do all of that ALONE was heavenly bliss! I tell Max all the time, that if I were alone all day the house would GET spotless and STAY spotless. What a boring day that would be.


The end.

6 comments:

Shan said...

Those girls are crazy for staying in the cold all that time. How lovely for them to give you all of that alone time. Only I think you forgot to mention the part where after they went outside you locked the doors, closed the blinds, and pretended like you didn't live there anymore. They wanted to come in but...

Unknown said...

The third picture down of Roo and the bottom picture of Mads are extremely darling. I am jealous of your snow. I guess I should just be grateful that we can take Azzy to the park and swing and have her climb on the jungle gym. But I miss my snow!

Unknown said...

by the way... is your Mom okay? She isn't first!

Jessica said...

That is lovely. Well except for the snow. And the cold. But they are the cutest girlies in all the land. And I'm glad you got time to do stuff without helpers. I can't really imagine it, but I'm guessing it's lovely. I say lovely too much, but it's such a lovely word, I can't even help it.

TeamGornold said...

i think you guys get more snow than we do... we just get more cold... that stinks

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Spotless is overrated. I strive to never have too much overratedness around here.

Photos are darling, darling, darling.

Catalogues get you in trouble.