Friday, November 13, 2009

November 12 -13 Thankfulness

Perhaps I should be thankful for things on their actual day. But really, where's the fun in that?

ON November 12th I am was Thankful for: Girls night out.

I get together, once a month with a group of 11 other girls and we play "Bunko". Its a fun, relaxing time to see, and catch up with all of them. We take turns hosting "Bunko" night, I am thankful that I did my night in September and I am done hosting for over a year. My back yard neighbor, Natalie, hosted last night so I just had to walk through our yards. It was raining.

The main rule of Bunko: You DON'T miss Bunko.

The best part about Bunko: you always get a prize, you eat yummy food you didn't have to cook, there is always dessert, everyone is happy to see you and it's never about the game.

Today, November 13th (Friday) I am Thankful for: All the shoes we have. That may sound vain and snottish but we just watched the news and there's a school up in West Jordan that's in DIRE need of shoes for many of their students. One little girl wore flip-flops to school all week long, and when her teacher told her she needed to wear other shoes she said the only shoes she had were the ones she wore to church. The girls and Max and I have lots of shoes. We have more then enough, (I dare say we may have TOO many) and all that little girl had were flip-flops and Sunday shoes. If you wanna read the whole bit click here. I have LOADS of shoes that Maddy out grew last year when she went from a size 1 to a size 3.5. I wonder if I could find that schools address.

I am grateful that I can wear other shoes, besides flip-flops (even thought they're my first choice) in this yuck weather, and our children always have warm pigs.

3 comments:

Shan said...

I think BUNKO and shoes are grand things to be grateful for. I'd be even more grateful for your BUNKO if you'd won me a big fat prize while you were there. I guess I'll have to show up and win my own prize. Plus, I'm glad for you that you have so many wonderful friends in your neighborhood. What a pleasure to be surrounded by tons of cute girls that, of course, all adore you.

Jessica said...

I'm grateful for warm pigs, too. And also that you get to go to BUNKO. Than is fun stuff. You are a party animal.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I can't think of one thing to say. I bought a new pair of shoes at Payless and it was GOGO and I couldn't find another pair to buy so I had to pay full price but I could buy some and not have to wear flip-flops. Can't we find that girl and give her some money for shoes?