Thursday, November 12, 2009

November 11th Thankfulness

Yesterday, I was thankful for...not much. I'm sick, the girls have been sick, and are still a little sick and Max had to go out of town for work. When he came home he wasn't feeling great. (You know how boys are when they aren't feeling great) Then, after dinner we were all sitting around watching So You Think You Can Dance (the dancing night) when I said: "I'm still hungry", and everyone else said: "ME TOO". And I said: "I'm hungry for cookies". And everyone else said: "Me TOO". So I got up, and made cookies. I tried to only make them during the commercial breaks but cookies are very important so I spilled into some of the dancing times. AND can you believe, No one paused the TV for me. I was NOT thankful for my family at moment.

Also, I did what any respectful person would do. I pouted. I told them that they could eat some cookies and then it was time for bed. I went to my room, shut slammed the door and watched So You Think You Can Dance all by myself. It was very mature of me. And I didn't even eat one of my own cookies.

So yesterday, I was just thankful for Sister Bott, who is the Activity Day leader for the 10-11 year old girls. She planned a combined activity for us and just asked me to bring scissors. How hard is that? She is a pleasure. Her activity was about being thankful! I didn't learn much?

Sister Bott is thankful that I am in charge of Decembers combined activity, she even said so. I am thankful that my Mom gave me 96% of what I need for Decembers activity.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I am sorry you are all sickos. I have three small sickos and one huge one (but he went to work anyway). I'm hoping not to get it. I'm making them all take herbs every 30 minutes and they seem to be getting better very quickly.

I'm sorry about the SYTYCD/cookie situation. I would have been not-so-pleased, too. But I'm glad you got to watch it because it was wonderful. Except now I want cookies...

I hope you get to feeling wonderful in about 1 second or less 'cause you're too splendid to be sick.

Shan said...

mmmmmmmm.....cookies. You know I only live 9.6 miles away, don't you? Just checking. loveyoureverlivingguts, shan

Unknown said...

I am thankful for your blog to entertain me while I eat my little snack before taking Azzy out and about. I want cookies.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

HEY, QUIT BEING SICK.

And did you notice everyone wants cookies?

And you are allowed to go to your room if you want. You can even slam the door.

And then you should realize that everyone loves you best. And that should make you feel a tiny bit better.

Love,
Your number one fan.