Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November 4th of Thanks....

Today's thankfulness is similar to yesterday, except with different "characters".

I am thankful for:
  • Good food: tacos and cherry cream cheese pie (without the cherries, of course)
  • Good friends: our neighbor Jason and his daughter Belle came over for dinner.
  • and Fun: we ate, laughed and played Apples to Apples.

And another thing, I got to make dinner all alone with total peace and quite. It was just warm enough outside to have the windows open and there were no children making noise anywhere. I love- love- love my children, but a dinner making evening all to myself is RARE. Maddy went home with Bailey after school to play, and Ruby was napping. Yes, she is a bit sick, because why else would she be asleep during the day? Ruby thinks naps are unacceptable behavior.

And to top off the day, I was the big winner of the game, so how bad could it have been.

7 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

No cherries but the cherry goop, for sure. I wonder if you're spoiled. Hum, let me consider. That recipe has been in the family for 41 years.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I love winning. <3

Hoity Toity Baby said...

I'm thankful for you stopping by Hoity Toity Baby and becomming follower! I hope you come back often!

Shan said...

I will be thankful about the day you make me some of that pie. Without cherries, of course, 'cause who wants to eat smushy cherries.

Shaunell said...

Hey lady. So C and I were reading Junie B Jones....and all I could think was, THIS SOUNDS JUST LIKE HILLARY!! You should be her co-author. :) Just had to tell you that, and hi, cuz I miss you. :)
Oh and my word here is snalt. What's that? What you say when you sneeze cuz you sniffed salt?

TeamGornold said...

you always sound like all you do is have fun and hang out with friends... and naps are not unacceptable behaviors... i am getting ready to take one now... i am getting a head cold from hell.
bummed out about that
love you

Unknown said...

I don't think I ever told you, but we made the pie a while back, and all Zans were extremely grateful for it!